Saturday, October 20, 2012

5,550 Miles

Two Hearts... Joined together...Forever

As I sit here in my room at work, looking out into the dark night sky, I am encouraged that even though my dear Fidele is so far away (about 5,550 miles!!!!) we are always close together in heart. I realize that it does not matter if I am 5 miles, 50 miles, 500 miles, or 5,550 miles away from Fidele; His love does not change. This time apart is difficult and so very challenging, but one day soon we will be reunited, and the joy we will feel will be beyond words!

These thoughts also help me see more clearly my relationship with Jesus. How easy it is to think that Jesus' love has changed or diminished when I feel that His presence is so far away . Sometimes I feel like I might have done something that has caused my heavenly Lover to turn away from me. The great distance I feel between Jesus and I just seems to swallow me up, and the farther I feel from Jesus' presence the more I doubt whether His love can reach me still. You may also feel these same struggles at times, but I want to offer you some wonderful hope!

Did you know that no matter how far away Jesus may feel to your heart, His love never changes?! This is true! Jesus loves us with an everlasting love! His love shines brighter than a blazing fire...it is more powerful than a hurricane....it is constant and unchanging. We may feel like Jesus is so far away, but we can always be sure and confident that He loves us. Clinging to this hope, we can look forward to the day when we will be united with the Lord! The joy we will experience when we are joined with our heavenly Lover, I think is beyond our imagination! I think it will be like an explosion of JOY!

But how do we apply this to our lives now while we wait for that day to come? Well, as I wait for Fidele to come, I find great joy in calling him on my phone each day and skyping with him on my days off. I wake up each morning thinking, "Four O' clocks coming! Then I can call Fidele!!" I treasure the moments we spend together no matter how long or short, and I long for more time with my Fidele. Also as I wait for my Fidele to come, it is a good thing for me to find ways to serve others so that I do not become overcome with self-pity and loneliness. I also find joy in preparing for Fidele's coming by practicing my cooking skills, cleaning skills, and money managing skills (and I have a bunch of other things I am working at too).

So for us Lovers of Jesus, I think we should be doing some of the same things while we wait for His coming. We should treasure each moment we have with our Lover whether it is long or short. Our desire should be to know Jesus better each new day. We should also find ways to serve those around us. As we enjoy time with Jesus and spending time serving others, we should also be investing our time in preparing for our Lover's coming so that we are ready when He comes. How do we do this? Love one another, use the gifts and talents He's given us for His glory, and the list goes on. Add a little creativity and you will have no end to the things you will come up with!

And always remember today that Jesus loves you forever...remember that you are the Bride of Christ...You are dear to His heart!

"And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you experience the Love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully..."
   --
     Ephesians 3:18-19a

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog