Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Ache of Waiting


"Cast not away your confidence because God defers his performances. That which does not come in your time, will be hastened in his time, which is always the more convenient season. 
God will work when he pleases, how he pleases, and by what means he pleases.
 He is not bound to keep our time, but he will perform his word, honor our faith, and reward them that diligently seek him."
--
Matthew Henry
  
As I watch another day pass by, the ache of waiting grows deeper in my heart. I still have not heard any new news on Fidele's visa, but I hold out hope that I might hear something any day now. The Lord is teaching me hard lessons on waiting. He is also teaching me that my life and Fidele's life are in His hands. I wish that all would happen in my timing, but God's timing is best. So I hold on and press on and some how move along through this day. The Lord is very gracious because I don't feel like any of this, but in His grace He does not stop loving me. Rather, God's love seems to shine deeper and higher and louder than ever even as the ache of waiting hurts more and more. I do not know what the Lord is doing in me, but He sure does know and that is enough for me. God knows what He is doing and He's got the timing in His hands.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog