Friday, April 26, 2013

To Be Like Christ....

This is a beautiful song that my little sister, Bethany Joy Waite, wrote while she was over in Cameroon, Africa. 
Enjoy!!!




I prayed to You Father to make me like Christ for I wanted to look like You
But right then I didn't know what I was asking for

For to be like Christ is to be broken
To be like Jesus is to be crushed
To be like God's Son is to be made a servant
To be like the Savior is to lay everything down
 ~
So, like a good carpenter You took my heart in Your hands
And started to cut, sand and carve the rough wood of my soul

Not sparing me pain so to make me beautiful
Your love looked deeper than my feelings
You cut and carved me deeply every small detail
You slowly cut away things that were so close to my heart



In all my pain I cried out to You
"Why do You cut me Lord?"
I don't understand what You are doing
I can't see why this is good

So why do You cause all of my pain?
Why do You bring such grief to my heart?
Help me to trust You God, Your hand that's hurting me
For I don't understand how this plan is perfect for me
 ~
My Master, the Potter who was my Father, yes my friend
Looked at me in loving eyes as He held me in His hands

"My dear child there's a cross before a crown
Before building up you must be torn down
I love you too much to stop doing what I know is best
Take courage for I make no mistakes
Trust Me for I know what I'm doing
Now remember the One you want to look like

For Christ was broken
Jesus was crushed
God's Son was made a servant
Your Savior laid everything down

To be like Christ is to carry a cross
To be like Jesus is to die to self
To be like God's Son is to go through the fire
To be like the Savior you will wear scars
To be made like Christ




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog